Join us in making a Sunchoke and Chanterelle Pizza with Johan Magnusson of Big Swede
BBQ on our Karma 55 oven! This pizza is rich with earthy flavors and a little sweetness from the sunchokes.
Almond milk/milk of choice
1. Start by firing up your WPPO oven. Use smaller pieces of wood in a Lincoln Log fashion before adding larges pieces. This will get a good fire going.
2. Add some pine nuts to a hot pan. Toast these for 3-4 minutes until they start turning brown.
3. Next, add some olive oil into another pan and add a couple of cups of chanterelle mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms until they start to brown. Season them with a little bit of salt and pepper. Then set them aside.
4. Finely dice a pound of sunchoke artichokes. Add these to a hot pan and add almond milk until the sunchokes are covered. Cook this for 20 to 25 minutes or until almost all the almond milk has evaporated. Then put it in a blender and blend on high. All of the ingredients are now ready so it's time to start putting together the pizza.
5. Flour the cutting board and start pressing some air from the dough. Keep shaping the pizza until you have a nice round 14inch crust.
6. Add the sunchoke sauce first and make sure that you spread it out as a thin layer. Then add a good amount of the sauteed chanterelle mushrooms.
7. Finally, launch the pizza into your WPPO oven and bake it for about two minutes.
When it is ready, remove the pizza from the oven and add a few basil leaves, the
toasted pine nuts and last but not least, drizzle with some olive oil.
That is how we make the Sunchoke and Chanterelle Pizza. Enjoy!