🔥 Get Fired Up as Johan Magnussen of Big Swede BBQ elevates these street tacos by using Wagyu flank steak and cooking them in our Infinity 66 wood and gas-fired pizza oven! 🌮
- Wagyu flank steak
- Mexican seasoning (we use Malcom’s Grande Gringo: Mexican Seasoning)
- Flour tortillas
- Spinach or lettuce
- Pico de gallo
- Cilantro lime crema
- Start by trimming and seasoning your flank steak. Season both sides with Mexican seasoning and let it sit while you fire up the oven to allow the seasoning to penetrate the meat.
- Fire up your oven! First, open up the gas valve, turn the knob to the pilot, and press the igniter button. When you get a small flame, turn it to high heat. To get the authentic woodfired flavor, we will place a few oak wood chunks into the wood chunk holder and place that in the pizza oven as well.
- After about 20 minutes lower the temperature and place an oiled cast iron pan into the oven to warm up for 10 minutes.
- Next, add the flank steak to the cast iron pan in the oven for 3-4 minutes to get a nice sear. Then flip the flank steak and continue cooking until you reach an internal temperature of about 135 degrees.
- Once the steak is 135 degrees, take it out of the oven and let it rest for 7 minutes. Meanwhile, turn down the temperature of the pizza oven and toast some flour tortillas for one minute right on the pizza stone in the oven.
- Now cut the steak into thin slices and place them on your toasted tortillas with some lettuce or spinach. We like to top ours with some avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro, roasted salsa, and cilantro lime crema!
Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think! Fire up your WPPO oven and enjoy an unforgettable meal with your family and friends. 🔥